Star Forward Reveals His Plans To Score Goals For Arsenal

Arsenal youngster Chuba Akpom has revealed he is prepared to take his chance at the club next season.
The striker is set to be given the chance to break into the Gunners first team next season. The 21-year-old is going to be under Wenger’s close watch this preseason as Olivier Giroud will miss the club’s friendlies due to his extended break after helping France to the final of the Euro 2016 competition.


The striker is confident in his abilities and believes he would be able to impress Wenger. The 21 year old who have gone out on loan to four different clubs believes the loan spells have prepared him for the job at the Emirates.
“The aim for this season is to get as much game time for Arsenal as I can and hopefully have an impact on the first team,” he said, as quoted by ESPN. “I’ve gone on loan, gained a lot of experience and I have come back more prepared, so hopefully I’ll get as much minutes for Arsenal.”

“As a young player you have to be patient to get your opportunity. The boss knows what he’s doing all the time, he knows when to put you in at the right time, so you just have to be ready and prepared and keep mentally focused,” he said.
“I’ve gone on loan and I think that’s benefited me. It’s all helped me because now I’ve matured as a player and hopefully this season can be a big season for me and Arsenal.”


The striker also stated he is happy to play anywhere for Arsenal, saying he would gladly help the team should Wenger deploy him on the wings.
“Of course. I’ve played on the flanks a few times for Arsenal so yes I think I could play there, I can dribble, I can run,” he said. “It’s a big task defensively as well. If I got the chance to play there I would love to, the main thing is playing for the team and contributing, making an impact.”


Share on Google Plus

About ArsenalUpdate247

This community brings to you the latest happenings from the Emirates Stadium ON and OFF the pitch, Transfers,news player tweets and many more...